Save Time & Costs
Whether you’re executing a new build or upgrading your OSP or voice and data circuits, get demarc extensions with no delay from TailWind.
We Support 40,000+ Enterprise and SMB Locations
Extensions on Both Sides of the Demarc
We’ll Help You Avoid Expensive Delays
Relying on LECs for demarc extensions can cause costly delays, whether you’re upgrading your OSP or voice and data circuits or tackling a new fiber build. TailWind will:
- Execute timely demarc extensions
- Project manage the entire process – and provide you with updates
- Test and turn up new circuits to make sure they’re usable and prevent delays
Do These Problems Sound Familiar?
Delayed Demarc Extensions
Poor Circuit Performance
Request a Quote Today
Ready to get started with a demarc extensions from TailWind?
Why TailWind for Demarc Extensions?
We project manage. We provide updates. We execute your demarc extension in a timely manner.
And while we’re onsite, we’ll test and turn up your extended circuit to ensure it's usable and there's no delay. You can trust TailWind to simplify your IT – and ensure your new build or upgrade goes smoothly.
3 Steps to Get Started With Demarc Extensions
TailWind customer down to 3 easy steps.
Ready To Take the First Step?
Use the calendar below to set up your 30-minute connect call.
What Are Demarc Extensions?
Demarc extensions are when a technician installs or activates the wiring that runs from the demarcation point to the tenant’s network room. This process occurs when organizations need new communication services or want to make upgrades to their existing services or OSP.
Types of Demarc Extensions
Demarc extensions can vary from simple to complex depending on the organization’s specific communication needs. A simple demarc extension would involve running wiring from the telco closet to an enterprise business’s equipment room, while more advanced projects may involve expert project management and support testing and turning up new circuits to ensure they’re working properly.
Securing a Demarc Space
The demarc point is where an enterprise business houses its most important connectivity point. A network outage can potentially result in your organization losing thousands of dollars in revenue, so securing and maintaining it effectively is critical.
Ensure only authorized users are able to access your demarc point. Keep all critical infrastructure in a secured, closed area and make a record of all personnel who access the space. When specialized work is needed, such as demarc extensions, only outsource work to a reliable, experienced technician.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our experts answered the most common questions we hear about demarc extensions.
Can TailWind help me extend my fiber circuits into the building from where the carrier drops the services?
Yes, TailWind can complete any fiber extensions, trenching, or other tasks needed to bring the service from the services carrier’s drop point to your preferred endpoint.
Can Tailwind run cables throughout my office or retail space?
What is a demarcation point?
What are the 3 main types of demarcs?
The three main types of demarc points for enterprise businesses include:
- Network Interface Devices - NIDs are the most basic and common type of demarc. They are weatherproof, non-digital boxes regulated by the FCC. The boxes serve as surge protectors and contain a test jack, wiring termination, and circuit protection.
- Smartjacks - Smartjacks are also commonly referred to as intelligent NIDs or INIDs. They use a circuit board to strengthen the signal, and unlike basic NIDs, they don’t require tenants to run a DSL through their buildings.
- Optical Network Terminals - ONTs use fiber optic cables to provide a faster, stronger signal. They use power provided by an external source and often come with backup batteries if a power failure occurs.